2 cups almond meal
6 tablespoons raw honey or agave
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
juice from 2 fresh oranges
zest of one organic orange
1 splash of vanilla extract
sprinkle of baking soda
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped mixed nuts
(I used a mix of brazilian nuts, pecans and cashews)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs thoroughly, then add in the orange juice, vanilla extract, honey, and coconut oil.
- Gradually fold the almond meal into the mix
- Zest orange peel into mix
Note: I wasn't totally sure how to do this correctly, so I found this website that explains it well.
- Fold cranberries into mixture
- Line muffin tray with cupcake liners and fill until 3/4 full
Note: very important to use cupcake liners, otherwise the mixture will stick to the bottom, almond meal is very sticky!
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over top the mixture
- Set timer for 20 minutes. My muffins were ready at 18 minutes, so keep a close eye and be careful not to burn them!
- These measurements will produce 12 muffins.
Enjoy as part of a breakfast spread or as quick on-the-go snacks any time of the day!