Woman Poetry Retreat
NOVEMBER 9 -13, 2017
Isla Holbox, Mexico
You are invited to experience a yoga retreat like no other.
But, before we go any further . . . forget calling it a yoga retreat -- it's a life change. It's that pause you are so desperately craving. It's a wild uprooting of your soul. It's a conscious abandonment of all people and all things that deplete you. It's a rediscovering of the beautiful, magical person that you are before the world told you otherwise. You were meant to touch the stars, to reach for the moon. To fall asleep to the sound of the waves crashing in the Caribbean Sea without a care in the world.
Join a tribe of people who are ready to reclaim their brilliance and shine bright once again. Find the call of your wild and untamed heart. Adventure past your comfort zone and experience freedom in your mind, body and soul.
Meet Your Hosts
Mandy Burstein -- Having grown up all around the world, Mandy blends her love of travel and adventure to create amazing, unforgettable yoga retreats. She has guided over 100 students on retreats to Mexico and is completely in love with the country, as it has healed her personally and challenged her professionally. Mandy teaches powerful vinyasa flow and deeply restorative healing yoga, concentrated around the theme of self-love and personal empowerment.
Jade Alectra -- After finding yoga in her darkest of hours, Jade realized the healing powers of the practice and became a certified yoga instructor. A passionate runner and all-around talented athlete, Jade teaches a unique, dynamic physical asana practice. She challenges her students to go to their edge, helping them find a deeper sense of self-love and self-respect. After collaborating with Mandy on three life-changing yoga retreats in Mexico, Jade is excited to explore the Caribbean with a new tribe of wild hearts and free spirits. Read Mandy's entire interview with Jade here.
Your Retreat Package Includes:
- 4 nights stay on gorgeous Isla Holbox, a small secluded island just north of Cancun on the Yucatan peninsula, where no cars are allowed. Barefoot, wild and free!
- Our private ocean-front Caribbean boutique hotel has shared rooms with 2 beds and also private rooms with one bed, please choose your desired option below.
- Round trip transport to and from Cancun airport (CUN)
- All land transportation. Private drivers from Cancun airport to Chiquila, then a quick 20 minute ferry from Chiquila to Holbox
- All local taxes, fees, and staff gratuity
- Yoga classes with inspired teachers Jade Leblanc (@jadealectra) and Mandy Burstein (@zengirlmandy)
- Our signature #WomanPoetry workshops on releasing and living from a place of radical self-love
- Private retreat Chef will cater all meals, can make vegan, plant-based, dairy/gluten-free
- Organic breakfast + superfood smoothies, delicious lunch and dinner every day
- Guided meditations + Journaling sessions
- Goddess Circle + Beach Bonfire
- Free time to explore the charming island of Holbox, go snorkeling, paddleboarding, try SUP Yoga, cruise around town on a bicycle or golf cart
What's not included? your flight; any additional excursions or spa treatments
Ready to sign up?
Ready to sign up?
Payment Schedule: A $500 non-refundable deposit reserves your spot on the retreat. There are only 15 spots available so please book ASAP if your intention is to join us. Once your deposit is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. Your remaining balance will be due on or before October 20, 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which airport do I fly in to? Fly into Cancun airport (CUN). Please arrive by 4pm on Thursday November 9th. If traveling from the west coast, look into taking a red-eye flight. Jade and I will be flying over-night and arriving in Cancun at 11am. Check out of Isla Holbox is on Monday November 13th at 12pm. Book the latest flight of the day on Monday 11/13 so you can enjoy as much time as possible on the island! (Travel time from island to airport is 3 hours)
- Most major airlines have direct flights into Cancun. Southwest has great fares too!
- What is the payment schedule? First, submit your $500 deposit to reserve your spot. Then, start looking at flights. The sooner you book, the better prices and flights times you will get. Email Mandy your flight reservations as soon as you book. On October 20th, Mandy will send out an email with instructions on submitting your final payment.
- I am new to yoga. Am I ready for a retreat? Yes! You deserve a break from life! Look at a yoga retreat as a much-needed vacation for your mind, body, and soul. We love working with yoga beginners and introducing them to this powerful, life-changing practice. All of our retreats are always lovingly open to all levels of yoga ability and life experience. Come as you are. We will grow together.
- Is Mexico safe? Yes. Absolutely. We only work with venues and local vendors that have been thoroughly vetted. Isla Holox is a charming relatively undiscovered island that people say feels likes Tulum 20 years ago. So much charm and very few tourists so we'll have it to ourselves!
- Who will my roommate be? We carefully, consciously pair you with another woman that we think will be the best fit for you. We have organized over 15 retreats between us and have become pretty damn good at roommate pairing. Solo travelers, have no fear! We have a knack for linking up people who end up as life long friends. If you and your bestie are traveling together on this retreat, just be sure to send Mandy a message and let her know that you want to room together. Either way, we got you covered!
- What should I expect? In a nutshell . . . laughter, long hugs, life-affirming moments. Conversations that will shake you to your core and remind you of your purpose. New sisters. Connections with nature and spirit that will open new portals of love in your heart. An opportunity to find your voice and speak your truth. Yoga. Salsa Dancing. Tacos. Sunshine.
If you're more of a visual person, like me, here is a re-cap of our New Years Yoga Retreat (December 2016) and here is a photojournal of some of my favorite memories from the last 6 years of organizing retreats.